Saturday, October 24, 2009

Can you have a ground loop if you plug two stero systems into the electrical outlet?

I get this horribile feedback buzzing sound from my stero system when I try to connect by XM Radio to two seperate stereos using two RCA cables with a splitter. Someone told me I probably have a ground loop that is causing the buzzing sound. So, I tried plugging both stereos into the same outlet using an extension cord, but I still get the buzzing sound.





Could it be something else that's giving me the feedback sound?

Can you have a ground loop if you plug two stero systems into the electrical outlet?
I think I answered this one.





What you need is called an "audio isolation transformer" and it WILL work:





http://www.ramelectronics.net/manufactur...





http://www.radioshack.com/product/index....





These devices completely isolate (electrically) one device from the other. You only need to isolate one of the stereos to do the job.



reliable web hosting

No comments:

Post a Comment