Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I have looped the beginning 10 seconds of a song to be the background beat for my Youtube. Is it Fair Use?

I used the trumpet intro on a song as the background for my Youtube video. I actually only used 10 seconds, but it loops for about 2 minutes. Is that fair use?

I have looped the beginning 10 seconds of a song to be the background beat for my Youtube. Is it Fair Use?
No. You aren't using it for fair use reasons (educational/nonprofit) and you've used a substantial part of the work.





http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html





Dana (attorney)
Reply:It is illegal, however, you're not making any money, so no one will care.


Youtube could yank it, but I wouldn't sweat it, unless the piece is so well known that they will immediately know.





Have fun





===============


Life is so simple, but we insist on making it complicated





Confucius


551 - 479 BC


===============





Peace





Jim





.



myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment