Sunday, March 14, 2010

How do I become a professional graphics designer?

I have NO formal training like in a school or something. I only got like dozens of graphic programs (Corel's Paint Shop and Animation, Every software made by Macromedia and Adobe, even some rarely known ones I just came across browsing the net, some sound editing programs like Sony Soundforge and Fruity loops, and some video editting software) ... but I still have no professional experience and no certification, no diploma, no degree, no nothing :( Who would hire me? How do I get a job as a graphic artist?


Please help. Thanks.

How do I become a professional graphics designer?
Well my first suggestion is to get a degree if you can. It would help. Second start building a portfolio of art. Do things that look good and save them on a disk, and make copies that you can give people. See if there are any local art shows around.





Second consider starting a hobby business. (I bought two books from the "for Idiots" press one on hobby businesses and one on starting your own business.) If you have the computer and software, get a DBA liscense from your town (They very from $10 and up.) and start marketing yourself to businesses that you know and use. Try to develop a business plan. (There is a non-profit group called S.C.O.R.E. that offers free advice to people thinking about starting a business.)





Hope that helps,


Tony



diet

No comments:

Post a Comment