Wednesday, March 17, 2010

How do I put things on the outside of my house when it has siding?

I want to hang a thermometer and a hose holder (not sure of the proper name for them, but you curl your hose around it in loops). My house is sided.





Should the thermometer go in the window sill or beside in the siding. Won't the siding crack?








Also, how to hand the hose holder on siding?

How do I put things on the outside of my house when it has siding?
What kind of siding?


Cement board, vinyl?


You should drill a hole in it (the siding, just through the siding, no deeper)and hang the items with screws. Make sure to get the screws into something solid( stud or wood) then you should caulk over the screws to prevent moisture penetration. Remember that water goes down. Try to hang items in a protected area if possible. Use screws instead of nails so that they won't pull out yet can be easily removed if needed.



Yellow Teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment